Dan & Sylvie Traub, WoolSafe-Certified Rug Care Experts
We personally craft the care of your masterpiece rugs
Call us now: 805-642-4784
All Our Services
For fine or Oriental rug cleaning and repairs in Westlake Village and across Ventura County, Four Seasons Rug & Upholstery Cleaning is a trusted local expert. We’re a family-owned business that welcomes you to drop off your rugs for expert cleaning and repairs at our specialty cleaning and care “spa”. Alternatively, we can send our pickup and delivery van to your home for no extra charge. We also offer a full range of top-rate carpet cleaning services in Ventura, Camarillo and other areas.
Serving customers in 91361, 91362, 93923, 93003 and zip codes throughout Ventura County, we are very different from other companies that offer area rug cleaning or care for Oriental and Persian rugs.
What exactly sets us apart?
- We go the extra mile for you, thoroughly washing out all the soils that have collected over the years within your area rugs or fine pieces.
- We offer specialized cleaning methods for fine rugs such as silk, wool and cotton area rugs, depending or the age and origin of your fine rug.
- We have high standards for quality control and implement a rigorous cleaning and care process that can take up to 18 careful steps.
- We are true experts in the field with several specialist certifications, having achieved the highest possible level of education and training in the industry. Keep reading to learn about our experience, qualifications and company values.
Specialists in Fine Carpets and Area Rugs since 1992
We have been caring for fine carpets, area rugs and Oriental rugs since 1992 (please see our video below). Our onsite Rug Care Studio has a local reputation that is second-to-none. We guarantee that all rugs entrusted to us are carefully washed on our own specialized premises– never sent out to a third-party company.
Our Painstaking Fine Rug Care Process
Experts agree that in-plant rug washing is the number-one method recommended for proper maintenance and care of fine Oriental and area rugs. Unlike synthetic, wall-to-wall carpet, they should not be cleaned on location for many reasons:
- Your rugs are likely made from fibers that are very different from those found in residential and commercial carpets. There is far more natural fiber such as/ wool, cotton, silk and jute used in rugs than in common carpets.
- Your rugs may be hand-knotted with natural foundation yarns, rather than composed of separate synthetic backing fabrics for tufted carpet.
- Natural oils and lanolin are produced by sheep to make wool that will last for decades or even generations- don’t allow a rug cleaner strip it out with harsh chemicals that may be unknown to you or untested as safe for your fine rugs!
- Cleaning technologies for fine rugs are different due to the potential for dye migration and fiber distortion: Area rug cleaning and rug washing need to be carried out by experienced technicians using specialized tools.
Why Entrust Four Seasons With Your Fine Rugs and Area Rugs?
Our company has many certifications, including the designation of MASTER TEXTILE CLEANER certified by IICRC “Clean Trust” and Woolsafe USA. This is extremely important: It means you can rest assured that your rugs are always cleaned only by well-trained staff closely supervised by world-class experts. We have been in the rug, upholstery and flooring care industry since 1988 and are referred by many leading flooring retailers and interior designers. We are also an ASID Industry Partner (Los Angeles Association for Interior Designers).
We have cared for rugs for over 4,000 clients with fine homes in Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Santa Barbara and Camarillo. Also please visit our area rug repair page to learn more about our onsite hand-repair services. Cleaning your rugs in our plant allows us to give them special attention and treatment for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools and processes that are not available on location in your home or office.
Failure to perform specialized procedures in a plant may result in permanent damage to the rugs and flooring materials under and around it. Incomplete soil removal may occur due to an inability to dust or adequately vacuum both sides of the rug. It is recommended that your rug, as well as carpet around it exposed to heavy traffic, be professionally cleaned at least once a year.
We look forward to meeting you and personally caring for your fine rugs and textiles. Please give us a call for a free estimate or a home inspection, whether you’re based in Westlake Village, Santa Barbara, Camarillo or elsewhere in Ventura County. You are also very welcome to simply drop in with your rug! Please do note that on Saturday, drop-offs are available upon appointment only. If your rug is over 9 X 6, please call in advance to guarantee that a technician will be available onsite to unload your rugs for you.
Video: Dan Traub, Chief of Operations & Training
All rugs are cleaned at our Rug Care Studio by our expert wash team
Our system incorporates THE MOST THOROUGH METHODS OF DRY-SOIL REMOVAL, which means that damaging (insoluble) sand and grit is shaken and blown out with
compressed air prior to the washing process. DON’T BE FOOLED BY UNINFORMED, FLY-BY-NIGHT RUG CLEANERS! We frequently repair rugs that have been damaged by carpet cleaners who are uneducated in the fine points of rug cleaning.
Eighteen professional steps for a flawless result
Our rug cleaning system includes up to eighteen steps, and all of our rugs are cleaned by our expert wash team, supervised by our Master Textile Cleaner. Most Turkish, Persian and other wool rugs are washed in our full-immersion cold water hand-wash system. We choose the “rinse step” that is right for your rug. We also offer very low-moisture cleaning for delicate rugs such as Navajo. We are experts at identifying fibers and selecting the best cleaning process for your specific type of rug. Four Seasons repair and restore Persian rugs and carpets, Indian, Turkish, Chinese and even antique and silk natural fiber area rugs of all styles and weaves.
Additional Rug Studio Services
- Certified appraisals
- Hand-repair and weaving right here at our facility
- Moth Protection & Insect Control
- Soil and stain-resistant FIBER PROTECTOR finish for wool, silk or any fiber
- Custom-cut premium rug cushions
Rugs Are Groomed During Drying Process For Maximum Softness